Government Affairs Committee (GAC)<- back
The GAC monitors legislative activity that can impact business on the county, state and federal levels. Its members review issues, discuss pending legislation and make recommendations to the CBRCC’s board of directors regarding positions that may be taken to support or oppose same. The GAC also keeps the partnership informed of legislative or regulatory activity and issues calls to action, when necessary. Each year, the GAC develops the CBRCC’s legislative priorities and works with Brevard’s other three Chambers to assemble a county-wide legislative agenda that is presented to the Brevard delegation of the FL House and Senate and other members, as appropriate.
Business Voice Candidate Training Program
Fri. & Sat., October 13 & 14, 2017
Courtyard Marriott West Melbourne
Read More. . .
Fraud Information from GAC Speaker State Attorney, Phil Archer
Indian River Lagoon Information
The GAC is open to all partners. Those interested in government affairs or whose roles within their organizations include legislative advocacy or knowledge are welcome.
First Friday of each month at 8:00 a.m. in the Community Bank of the South Community Room at the CBRCC
Monthly meetings feature speakers and topics relevant to legislative issues and activity. Each legislative session, members are invited to join a team comprised of Brevard’s four Chambers of Commerce (Government Affairs members and any other interested parties) and travel to Tallahassee to advocate for issues important to the collective membership.
Geo A. Ropert, APR
Current Member List:
- Joe Mayer, Lockheed Martin (CBRCC Board Chair)
- Jeanna Merrifield, Wild Ocean Seafood (CBRCC Immediate Past Board Chair)
- Jennifer Sugarman (CBRCC President & CEO)
- Kim Agee, Health First
- Cindy Lou Downs, Craig Technologies
- Kelly Guildi, Community Bank of the South
- Patrick Gavin, U.S. Rep. Bill Posey
- Carey Gleason, Bridges
- Kamen Jenkins, Wuesthoff Health System
- Rob LaMarr, Lexus of Melbourne
- Troy McNichols, AT&T
- Dixie Sansom, Dixie Sansom Consulting
- Susan Smith, Launch Federal Credit Union
- Kevin Arcier, Hampton Inn Viera
- Ashley Guinn, Eastern Florida State College
- Amanda Tynan, Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
- Shayla Murray, Space Coast Strategy, Inc.
- Dan Pollock, AT&T