Dedicated to providing a venue that supports our Non-Profit partners
in fulfilling their own missions by building community awareness,
providing education and sharing resources.
Our Annual Event Showcasing Brevard's Finest Non-Profit Organizations!
Friday, April 26, 2013 - 5:30-9:00 PM
International Palms Resort – Cocoa Beach
Upcoming Non-Profit Committee Events:
Sam’s Club Morning Mingle
- All Non-Profit Task Force Members are welcome to participate in this tabletop event, to help educate our business community about the many services provided by our great organizations
- Second Friday morning of every month at the Sam’s Clun in Cocoa from 8-9:00 AM (set-up begins at 7:30 AM)
Monthly Event Planning Meeting
- This planning meeting is open to the Executive Team and Fiesta Brevard Committee chairs
- Last Tuesday of the month in the Chamber Boardroom at 5:30
Non-Profit Partner Educational Seminars and Think Tank Sessions
- Stay tuned for exciting information (see more details below)
- Dates TBA
Please check back soon! Our new, interactive Non-Profit Committee Web site is coming soon!
Click here to see a list of our members. (Select "Non-Profit" from the drop-down list to show only our Non-Profit partners)
Non-Profit Task Force, a Committee of the
Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce
Founded by Mary Ann Balthaser in 2004, the Non-Profit Task Force, a committee of the Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce, is dedicated to providing a venue that supports our Non-Profit partners in fulfilling their own missions by building community awareness, providing education, and sharing resources. This committee, operated by a volunteer team of Chamber partners – business leaders who care passionately about CBRCC’s Non-Profit community – is focused on fostering relationships among our Non-Profits, as well as with CBRCC’s For-Profit partners. There is strength in numbers, and working together improves the lives and organizations of all involved.
In 2005, with the help of dedicated volunteers and Non-Profit partners as co-founders, the first ever Fiesta Brevard was born, as an exciting event designed to educate the community about our Non-Profits' missions. Now, many years later, we continue to celebrate this annual event, on the last Friday of April, with up to 1500 of our closest friends from the Brevard community! Our Non-Profit partners continue to enjoy the opportunity to raise funds, and more importantly to increase community awareness of the important work they do. And our community enjoys the opportunity to come together in celebration and support of these great organizations. It is truly the “feel good” event of the year!
In 2009, the Non-Profit Task Force became an official Committee of the Cocoa Beach Area Chamber (the “Chamber with a Heart!”), and continues to serve more than 125 Non-Profit partners.
This year, we have some exciting new projects on tap, to help further reinforce the development of relationships between CBRCC’s Non-Profit and For-Profit partners. These include the launch of a new “Think Tank” venture, developed in partnership with Lead Brevard! The committee will continue to seek ways to help our Non-Profits operate more efficiently, and find more support, by bringing back our quarterly educational seminars, and sharing information and resources through newsletters, social media, Web, and other tools.
So, what would it mean to your Non-Profit organization to join the Chamber? Here are just some of the current benefits:
· Discounted Partnership
· Free quarterly educational seminars
· Non-Profit Partner Listing on Web site with Web page links
· Opportunity to team up with other Non-Profits for joint events, collaborative grant seeking, and more
· Opportunity to team up with For-Profit Chamber Partners for joint events, volunteer resources, financial support
· Reasonable advertising rates
· Designated Non-Profit Business Card Rack
· Ribbon Cutting to introduce and promote your organization
· Sponsorships for meetings being held at the Chamber
· Educational opportunities through Non-Profit Task Force Seminars and more
· Chamber can be an outlet for selling tickets to NPTF events (with Chamber approval)
· Event Flyers and Important information can be placed in the Chamber’s reception area and at Chamber partner locations (with approval only)
How can you maximize your Chamber partnership? We’re glad you asked:
· Send Reps from your organizations out to Network at all Chamber events, including:
o Wednesday/Friendsday events
o New Partner Orientations
o Leads Groups
o Table Tops
o Ribbon Cuttings
· Qualify for President’s Club – Free Chamber Membership for referring 10 New Chamber Partners per calendar year
· Special Promotions, discounts and fundraising opportunities to Non-Profits
This committee continues to grow, in partnership with its member organizations, allowing us to further advance the services we provide. Current projects include a comprehensive, interactive Web site that will provide many of the following services:
· “Wish List” of Needs for your Non-Profit Organization
· “Donations” – List your “give-away” items to share with other Non-Profits
· Volunteer List – potential volunteers can sign up, and list their interests and skills
· Document Sharing Resource Center
In summary, the Chamber LOVES its Non-Profit partners! We welcome you to join us!
Beth Courtney, 2012-2013 Chair
Shouppe’ and Courtney Team of
VALIC Financial Advisors
Terry Stone, Executive Team Member
Hospice of St. Francis
Mary Ann Balthaser, Founder