Non-Profit Task Force Committee<- back
The CBRCC Non-Profit Committee promotes, supports, and enhances the Non-Profit Community of Brevard County by providing mutually beneficial collaborative opportunities among Non-Profit and For-Profit organizations.
Non-profit Members: Click Here To View
The CBRCC NPTF provides collaborative services to:
- Assist Non-Profit partners in fulfilling their own missions by building community awareness, providing education/training, and sharing resources and technical assistance
- Serve in an advocacy role on behalf of our Non-Profit partner organizations, to build partnerships within our community
- Foster relationships among Non-Profits, to encourage the sharing of resources, facilities, and grant-seeking efforts
- Provide a platform for developing networking opportunities among Non-Profit and For-Profit organizations
- Leverage Chamber partnerships to strengthen non-profit capacity
- Distinguish Non-Profits as a business
- Increase exposure of the Council and its members
- Establish and develop value for Chamber For-Profit organizations, to encourage teamwork with the Non-Profit community
- Engage the public in advancing Non-Profit missions and increase public appreciation for the Non-Profits’ role in the community
- Raise awareness of the contributions being made by Non-Profits to the region, and provide networking and program opportunities for both Non-Profit and For-Profit on topical areas of interest to both.
Second Thursday of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the Community Bank of the South Community Room at the Chamber office in Merritt Island
- Educational Seminars
- Morning Mingle
- This FREE networking opportunity encourages the business community to mingle with the Non-Profit community.
- Event is held Quarterly on the Second Friday from 8 AM – 9 AM. Non-Profit Chamber partners set up free tabletop displays at 7:30 AM. Organizations educate attendees about the important services their organizations offer to our community, to assist in attracting board members, volunteers, and donors. For-Profit partners network with exhibitors and attendees, to help build business relationships, and to learn how their local Non-Profit organizations can benefit them as well.
- Annual Fiesta Brevard
- Sponsored by the Non-Profit Task Force Committee of the Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce, over 30 organizations that serve children, families and seniors, and those that care for animals and promote community service are scheduled to participate. A percentage of the fee from each admission ticket sold is kept by the organization that sells it, providing an opportunity to also fundraise to help support each in their mission. Along with information, each organization will offer a game or raffle item to engage guests. Fiesta Brevard also features live entertainment, including Latin music and dance performances, the annual Fiesta Hat Parade and contest, and a selection of food and beverages.
Founded by Mary Ann Balthaser in 2004, the Non-Profit Task Force, a committee of the Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce, is operated by a volunteer team of Chamber partners – business leaders who care passionately about CBRCC’s Non-Profit community. The Committee is focused on fostering relationships among our Non-Profits, as well as with CBRCC’s For-Profit partners. There is strength in numbers, and working together improves the lives and organizations of all involved.
In 2005, with the help of dedicated volunteers and Non-Profit partners as co-founders, the first ever Fiesta Brevard was born, as an exciting event designed to educate the community about our Non-Profits’ missions. Now, many years later, we continue to celebrate this annual event, on the last Friday of April, with up to 1500 of our closest friends from the Brevard community! Our Non-Profit partners continue to enjoy the opportunity to raise funds, and more importantly to increase community awareness of the important work they do. And our community enjoys the opportunity to come together in celebration and support of these great organizations. It is truly the “feel good” event of the year!
In 2009, the Non-Profit Task Force became an official Committee of the Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber (the “Chamber with a Heart!”). This passionate team now serves over 150 Non-Profit partners!
Our focus continues to be the development of relationships between CBRCC’s Non-Profit and For-Profit partners. The Non-Profit Committee will persist in seeking ways to help our partner organizations operate more efficiently and find more support, through events, education/training, and the sharing of information and resources through newsletters, social media, Web, and other tools.
Brevard Humane Society